Harpst Becker LLC seeks experienced professional to support two plus experienced attorneys. The role includes a variety of administrative support duties and delivers high-quality services to internal and external clients, exhibiting commitment to integrity and excellence. The position requires thorough knowledge of all firm and practice specific administrative processes and procedures, information technology systems, research tools and a broad-based understanding of the clients, matters and associated practices. The scope of responsibilities includes prioritizing, managing and following through on multiple projects, and communicating effectively, courteously and professionally with clients, attorneys, staff and peers.
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Communication Services – processes associated with the following areas.
- Coordination or management of email, calendars, contact information, tasks or similar communications activities utilizing systems such as Outlook or manual systems.
- Coordination or management of phone calls, voice mail messages or conference calls.
Document Services -processes associated with the following areas.
- Document Creation – drafting, revising, proofreading or transcribing documents, presentations or correspondence.
- Drafting Documents – the initial drafting of documents from handwritten notes, annotated hard copies, shorthand, discussions, etc. Includes transcription, translation and court reporting.
- Proofreading Documents – proofreading of documents for grammatical, spelling and format errors.
- Revising Documents – editing documents from handwritten notes, annotated hard copy, transcription, shorthand, etc. Includes comparisons, conversions, merges, creation of tables of contents/authorities, etc.
Court and Registration Services – processes associated with the following areas.
- Court Services – including filing, requesting transcripts and litigation searching.
- Name or Entity Searches – company or business name searching and registration (e.g., filing documents, forms, charges, provisional charges).
Meeting Coordination– processes necessary to facilitate meetings.
- Meeting Logistics – identifying attendees, inviting/scheduling attendees, meeting RSVP tracking, menu planning and caterer selection, identification of support services needed, and equipment required.
The following are competencies required to be successful in this position:
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change (expected and unexpected) and balance competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer Service – Ability to work in collaboration within a group to ensure that internal and external clients are satisfied; includes the desire to understand client concerns and build trust.
- Diligence – Monitors, proofreads and takes ownership of work product for accuracy, ability to apply organizing strategies to ensure projects are appropriately prioritized and resources are used effectively and efficiently, and performs independently with little supervision.
- Effective Communication (Written and Verbal) – Ability to communicate clearly and coherently, interpreting information and adapting communication to suit particular situations and audience needs. Demonstrates excellent communication, grammatical and proofreading skills.
- Ethics – Keeps client and firm information confidential at all times; understands and implements general rules of ethical behavior applicable to legal personnel.
- Interpersonal Skills – Proactively demonstrates effective teamwork and communication with team members, actively participates in team meetings, prioritizes and anticipates work needs, and works well under occasional periods of pressure and short deadlines.
- Technology Skills – Possesses strong knowledge of computer operation, spreadsheet software and word processing software; the use of Microsoft products and office technology — to include imaging and scanning applications — is required.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); undergraduate degree or some college is beneficial.
- Minimum five years of related experience.
- Full knowledge of filing in federal and state courts.
Skill Set and Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to attorneys, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Job Type: Full Time, Flexible Hours
- Competitive Salary Based on Experience
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401 (k)
- 401 (k) Company Match
- Paid Time Off